Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
CLINICAL MANAGER- OUTPATIENT SURGERY/PACU
Administrative and operational responsibility for assigned departments, including management of cost and finance, human resources, operations, quality of care and clinical outcomes, patient/physician and staff satisfaction, change management and any other relevant responsibilities related to this position. Serves as part of the entity management team and Shared Governance Model focused on promoting the mission, vision and values, of PHC and Nursing Professional Practice, embracing a person-centered philosophy while promoting patient- family centered services across the continuum and enhancing value-driven outcomes. Responsible for succession planning, identifying talent, providing support, education, and resources to grow future nursing leaders. May be required to assists in staffing as necessary to provide clinical care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
1. Coordinates the daily operations directly impacting patient care and the delivery of customer services.
2. Maintains safe work environment and culture, promotes excellence in customer care. Manages quality patient care and quality patient outcomes. Coordinate quality initiatives and process improvement strategies that improve unit based and hospital based score cards.
3. Oversees planning, growth and strategic initiatives for assigned departments.
4. Facilitates the process for the provision and documentation of personalized care based on the patients’ identified care needs. Utilize best practice standards to improve the Patient care experience
5. Manages cost and finances, together with the Director, responsible for creating and managing annual budget and specific targets. Maintains reconciliation process to ensure revenue is captured.
6. Manages and mentors Human Resources, keenly aware of efficiencies and maximizing productivity.
7. Manages Patient/Physician/Staff Satisfaction.
8. Collects and analyzes data to improve performances. Manages, implements and effects change.
9. Maintains readiness for regulatory inspections
10. Maintains clinical/technical proficiency and may provide direct patient care.
11. Provides direction to staff, collaborates in decision making and encourages staff participation at all levels to meet unit based objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Effective Communication Skills, both written and oral
Ability to effectively prioritize and to handle stressful environments
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of a nursing program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of nursing experience in a hospital (inpatient roles) or clinical (outpatient roles) setting, including at least one (1) year of relevant leadership experience required.
Demonstrated clinical competency in the specialty area applying for.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Advanced certification in field of specialty (if required, see addendum)
BLS certification required.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.