Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE: The Care Manager is responsible for care coordination, progression of care, and proactive discharge planning and is accountable for expediting the timely and safe discharge for all patients in their case load.
1. Assess, evaluate and drive discharge plan / clinical discharge needs
2. Coordinate services to the patient’s right / safe level of care based on current / on-going acute / subacute care needs
3. Ensure that treatment plan is implemented, re-evaluated and updated daily
4. Facilitate effective communication between members of the treatment team
5. Facilitate / lead in daily huddles
6. Coordinate team meetings with families and treatment team
7. Conduct clinical assessments to develop plan of care
8. Facilitate arrangement of post-acute services
9. Play an active role as an advocate for the patient / family / caregivers
10. Monitor length of stay daily and identify barriers to discharge
11. Refer to / consult with other members of the care management team, as needed, to address complex social issues and/or nonclinical barriers to discharge
12. Participate in PHC readmission management initiatives
13. Coordinate appropriate reporting to legal agencies as needed with respect to abuse and neglect
14. Follow Medicare guidelines regarding patient choice, admit/discharge notifications and appeals
15. Maintains accountability for facilitating clinical patient progression through a defined plan of care to achieve optimal outcomes.
16. Identify, document and report quality, under and over use of resources, cost and risk variance related to patient's plan of care
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Must be a critical thinker
• Have culture sensitivity and diversification
• Ability to work well under pressure and/ in high stress situations
• Effectively manage time, prioritize work and multitask
• Must be assertive
• Able to articulate and communicate effectively, using techniques such as Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation (SBAR)
• Work under minimal supervision
• Knowledge of hospital audit and accreditation process by a hospital accreditation organization such as Det Norske Veritas (DNV) or The Joint Commission
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate of Nursing Program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Two (2) years of experience in an acute or post-acute setting
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current unrestricted registered nurse (RN) license, or eligible for licensure, in the state of Georgia, required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Certification in Case or Care Management preferred. Experience using InterQual or Milliman preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.