Piedmont Newton Hospital - Covington, Georgia
Under the Direction of the Chief Nursing Officer has administrative and operational responsibility for assigned departments, including management of cost and finance, human resources, operations, quality of care and clinical outcomes, patient, physician and staff satisfaction, change management and any other relevant responsibilities related to this position. Serves as part of a the management team and Shared Governance Model focused on promoting the mission, vision and values, of PHC and Nursing Professional Practice, embracing a person-centered philosophy while promoting patient- family centered services across the continuum and enhancing value-driven outcomes.
1. Develops standards of performance, policies and procedures for designated areas of responsibility.
2. Organizes the areas of responsibility in accordance with administrative guidelines in order to provide specified nursing and patient care services to meet organizational, regulatory privacy and Medical Staff guidelines.
3. Manages, implements and effects Change
4. Maintains safe work environment and culture, promotes excellence in customer care.
5. Oversees planning, growth and strategic initiatives for assigned departments
6. Functions in an advisory capacity to the Vice President of Patient Services in evaluating proposed changes as they relate to these departments.
7. Directs implementation and ensures compliance with standards of nursing and professional practice that promotes optimum health care delivery along the lifecycle continuum.
8. Identifies opportunities for improved customer value.
9. Manages Quality Patient Care and Quality patient Outcomes
10. Manages Patient/Physician/Staff Satisfaction.
11. Collects and analyzes data to improve performances
12. Serves as part of a collaborative management team focused on promoting the Mission, Vision and Values of Piedmont Healthcare. Writes and/or edits collateral material for marketing and public relations purposes including but not limited to brochures, fliers, fact sheets, bios, and letters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
• Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Thorough knowledge of hospital and departmental policies and procedures and organizational structure.
• Ability to coach, mentor and empower staff
• Ability to perform under stressful and changing circumstances and deadlines.
• Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of seven years of nursing experience and minimum of three years of progressive management experience required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred. Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.