Piedmont Atlanta Hospital - Atlanta, Georgia
Direct and/or indirect total nursing care of general hepatology patients, transplant candidates and living donors from the time of referral through transplantation and beyond.
#IND789 #LI-POST #GD
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Completion of a practical nursing program approved by the State Board of Nursing.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Successful completion of a physical assessment course. Additional competencies may be required based on specific unit guidelines (ex: ACLS or Action Stat).
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Licensed in the State of Georgia. Current CPR certification.
1. Triage incoming telephone calls; responds to questions regarding medications and treatment instruction.
2. Collects, reviews, and triages laboratory and diagnostic data and reviews significant findings with transplant or hepatobiliary coordinator. Seeks guidance from transplant or hepatobiliary coordinator with plan of care.
3. Performs patient care tasks/implements physician's orders as appropriate by licensure and hospital policy. Performs correctly all procedures assigned that are allowed and none of those that are not allowed.
4. Verifies, enters, and signs off on provider orders.
5. Provides patient education and teaching under the direction of a physician; answers questions regarding diagnostic testing and treatment. Identifies teaching opportunities and provides the resources necessary for achieving the educational goals of the patients.
6. Completely and accurately documents all patient medical and physical histories and other related items in a timely manner, including vital signs, EKGs, and other similar office procedures
7. Communicates issues/concerns to the Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager and/or physician as appropriate.
8. Follows up with reminders for scheduling of and patient education of diagnostic testing per provider orders. Assists with scheduling of time sensitive diagnostic studies as needed.
9. Utilizes fibroscan technology accurately and timely, while providing appropriate education to patients.
10. Prepares and maintains examination/treatment rooms, including inventory of supplies and equipment.
11. Performs lab duties; including but not limited to, phlebotomy, order entry, collects specimen, establishes chain of custody if applicable, and labels for delivery to appropriate authority for testing.
12. Coordinates telephone and inbasket requests to refill prescription drug medications in accordance with physician instructions.
13. Works in a flexible manner, accepting assignments and changes in assignments as necessary.
14. Performs Medical Assistant or Transplant Clinical Assistant duties as necessary (refer to MA and TCA job descriptions).
15. Performs all other related job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work accurately while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with critical thinking and professional composure.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment.
- Knowledge and skill in use of job appropriate technology and software applications.
- Must meet and maintain current all unit specific and organizational skills/competencies, certifications/licensures, as required.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.