Piedmont Heart Institute Physicians - Atlanta, Georgia
Manages clinical services for assigned practice(s), including but not limited to Advanced Practice Providers (APPs), Registered Nurses (RNs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Medical Assistants (MAs), and ancillary services personnel. Enforces the operational policies, objectives, and initiatives of the physician group practice. Works collaboratively to support the physicians. Implements and oversees operational activities and programs to ensure the successful achievement of the business plans. Ensures that processes are followed to offer high-quality clinical services to patients.
1. Provides direct supervision to nurses and staff, ensuring appropriate assessment and treatment of patients’ medical conditions.
2. Participates in the process of interviewing, hiring, training, appraising, handling corrective actions, addressing complaints, and resolving issues.
3. Serves as key problem-solving resource for staff on patient care issues.
4. Compiles and analyzes data on patient outcomes, quality assurance results, budget/goal achievement, and performance/productivity; prepares reports for operational leaders, as requested.
5. Compiles and analyzes patient outcomes data to continually improvement quality services.
6. Manages staffing to ensure appropriate support and coverage in the office.
7. Ensures compliance with office policies and procedures, as well as all Piedmont Healthcare Corporation policies and procedures and local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
8. Works with clinical personnel and physicians to ensure the maximization of appropriate professional services reimbursement.
9. Supports an effective clinical documentation and charge capture process for assigned practice(s).
10. Establishes and maintains systems for the purchase of medical supplies and equipment; establishes and maintains inventory; and establishes a maintenance evaluation program to ensure timely repairs and the proper functioning of equipment.
11. Assists operational leadership in preparation and maintenance of departmental budgets; monitors the execution of the budget.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five years professional clinical experience is required with three years management or supervisory experience preferred.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current Georgia RN licensure.
Current CPR and ACLS certifications.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.