Piedmont Athens Regional Specialty Services - Athens, Georgia
1. Oversees the daily supervision of the practice’s clinical staff, including those performing phlebotomy and lab duties to assure that the back office activities are flowing smoothly and effectively and that the staff are supporting the physicians and caring for the patients.
2. Ensures that patients are triaged in a timely manner and put into the appropriate rooms.
3. Ensures that there is sufficient clinical staff present for the daily operation of the practice. Advises the practice manager and/or the physicians of staffing needs.
4. Reviews Paid Time Off (PTO) requests and forwards to practice manager for approval.
5. Assists the practice manager with the selection, supervision and counseling of all clinical staff.
6. Assists the clinical staff with issues concerning patients, equipment supplies and any other matters affecting proper patient care.
7. Recommends improvement processes and procedures to the practice manager; conducts regular audits of back office operations.
8. Serve as the super user for quality, safety, and other clinical initiatives.
9. Inventories and orders necessary medical supplies for use in the practice. Projects costs and arranges for delivery of medical supplies as needed for the efficient daily operation of the practice.
10. Obtains information on new and improved medical supplies from outside vendors. Works in conjunction with the practice manager, physicians and other clinical staff to determine best products for use in the practice.
11. Performs the patient care activities required of a Licensed Practical Nurse. Provides a wide variety of clinical services to patients under direct supervision of a physician.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Successful completion of an accredited practical nurse program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of back office experience in a healthcare setting.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: State of Georgia licensure as a practical nurse.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.