Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Responsible for providing clinical nutrition services, including nutrition assessment, modified diet formulation, self-management training and nutrition intervention to patients/residents. Ensures patient satisfaction, quality care, regulatory agency compliance, and good public relations are achieved through the safe and efficient use of resources.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Entry Level - Minimum one (1) year work experience as a dietitian preferred.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current Licensure in the State of GA as a Dietitian
Registered Dietitian (Commission on Dietetic Registration).
1. Assesses the nutritional status of adult and/or geriatric patient through documentation in the medical record.
2. Develops and revises a nutrition care plan based on information from the patient, medical record, family and health care team members.
3. Advises department on patient care and food service issues.
4. Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal and state as evidenced by successful completion of surveys with no deficiencies.
5. Participates in facility-wide and department Performance Improvement Program and on Performance Improvement teams to improve processes and patient care.
6. Orients, mentors and trains staff and interns, as applicable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of medical staff, healthcare professionals, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to operate a standard computer, including basic use of MS applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.