Piedmont Columbus Med. Group - Columbus, Georgia
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or provider to patients form birth through the lifecycle utilizing the nursing process in accordance with Piedmont Healthcare’s Mission and Vision Statements; functions within the framework of their license and the policy and procedures of the organization and demonstrates professional growth and accountability. The Licensed Practical Nurse guides ancillary staff, collaborates with other health care professionals in the provision of quality nursing care. The Licensed Practical Nurse blends compassion, caring and technologically appropriate competency resulting in holistic care to the patient.
1. Performs patient assessments as designated by Registered Nurse or provider to include collection of data regarding the patient’s physical, psychosocial and health history.
2. Appropriately evaluates the developmental age of the patient when performing assessments, treatments and patient/family education.
3. In collaboration with Registered Nurse or provider, organizes patient data into the formulation of a plan of care; identifies additional information needed and makes care decisions based on identified needs. Identifies expected patient outcomes.
4. Carries out plan of care to achieve desired patient outcomes.
5. Provides patient care that is specific to the setting, identified needs and plan; ensures that the care provided is appropriate to the severity of the disease, condition, impairment or disability.
6. Oversees activities of ancillary and support team members.
7. Identifies teaching opportunities and provides the resources necessary for achieving the educational goals of the patients.
8. Communications issues/concerns to the Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager and/or physician as appropriate.
9. Documents patient care and concerns in the patient record.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of a LPN program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
New graduates of an accredited nursing school are eligible.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State of Georgia as a LPN or NLC/eNLC Multistate License.
BLS certification required
Demonstrated clinical competency in the specialty area applying for
Nursing Experience in Hospital Setting Preferred
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.