Piedmont Macon North Hospital - Macon, Georgia
Operates multiple-call telephone switchboard system; provides routine information as needed and routes calls to appropriate person or location. Operates facility-wide paging system. Responds to codes and alarms in a timely manner. Operates Emergency Communication equipment to communicate with hospital staff at all locations plus local and state agencies.
1. Operates multiple-call telephone switchboard system
2. Continuous observation and response to alarms and codes
3. Performs various office duties as assigned by Leadership
4. Function as dispatcher for security issues.
5. Provides routine information as needed and routes calls to appropriate person or location.
6. Operates facility-wide paging system.
7. Operates Emergency Communication equipment to communicate with hospital staff at all locations plus local and state agencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
• Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Customer service skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school degree or equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1 year PBX experience preferred.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Experience working in a healthcare setting preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.