Piedmont Newnan Hospital - Sharpsburg, Georgia
Independently performing all aspects of diagnostic testing and record scoring of data to ensure a high degree of quality services. Helps less experienced technologists with tasks as needed or as requested by the Polysomnography Coordinator, Director of Neurology Services, or Medical Director.
COMPETITIVE SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED!
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school graduate or equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1-3 years’ experience in Polysomnography, EEG, or Respiratory Therapy. Other health related experience might qualify.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
Registered by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT). BLS certification.
Some college coursework in basic science of sleep medicine preferred. Proficient with basic EKG recognition.
1. Prepare for patient testing.
2. Performs polysomnograms.
3. Performs CPAP/BiPAP/ASV titrations.
4. Performs NPSG/SPLIT studies.
5. Performs multiple sleep latency testing.
6. Prepares, scores and completes documentation of sleep studies.
7. Communicates with others.
8. Maintains supplies and diagnostic equipment
9. Maintains and documents patient chart/file.
10. Manages costs.
11. Provides guidance to less experienced technologists dealing with difficult patients, equipment problems, or difficulties in analysis of data.
12. Adhere to the requirements of 5 CEU’ annually
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.