Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Piedmont Eastside is a growing facility within the Piedmont Healthcare system. We've been investing in our radiology services, recently adding a second MRI Unit and installing a new nuclear medicine system. Here at Piedmont Eastside, our CT Techs provide care for inpatient, outpatient, and emergency room patients.
Our CT Techs specialize in using ionizing radiation to produce cross-sectional images to help doctors diagnose and treat patients. CT Technologists perform diagnostic Computerized Tomographic examinations in accordance with all prescribed standards under the direct guidance of the supervising Radiologist. CT Technologists provide patient care to all age groups to include neonatal, pediatrics, adult, and geriatrics.
We offer flexible scheduling, including 8, 10, and 12-hour shifts, and work with our CT Techs to find the best shift for your work-life balance.
Sign-on bonus may be available for full-time positions.
Weekends Only 7A-7P
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A minimum of one (1) year experience as a Radiological Technologist
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (R).
Advanced certification by ARRT in Computed Tomography (CT) preferred.
BLS certified. Six (6) months experience as a CT Technologist preferred.
1. Demonstrates competence and proficiency in performing all CT procedures on
patients of all age groups. Positions patient, selects the correct protocol,
and utilizes all required equipment.
2. Maintains competencies in all non-scanner related components.
3. Accurately follows all established imaging protocols for exam being performed.
4. Performs quality control procedures in accordance with the ACR guidelines.
5. Adhere to the Radiation Safety Policies and the principles of a viable dose reduction
6. Provides patient education and communications in accordance with prescribed standards
7. May need to demonstrate competence and proficiency in performing all radiological procedures on patients of all age groups. Positions patient, selects the correct protocol, and utilizes all required equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
1. Must have a strong knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy
2. Must be able to perform quality CT examinations in accordance with all standards.
3. Must be able to provide other technologists instruction on the same equipment.
4. Must deliver SAFE care in accordance with the Alwaysafe program.
5. Must use AIDET with every encounter and be proficient with service recovery.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.