Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Provides physical therapy services for a designated group of patients, assisting them to reach highest level of physical independence. Conducts physical therapy evaluations, modalities, and treatments to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability following disease or injury. Provides patient care to all age groups to include pediatric, adult and geriatric. Responsible for the care of patients treated by physical therapist assistants. May be responsible for orientation and ongoing guidance of assigned staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program with a BS, MS, or DPT. Must maintain current CEU’s as required by the State.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current Georgia Physical Therapist License or current compact privileges in Georgia. BLS certification through AHA.
2 years of experience preferred.
1. Provides professional physical therapy services to all age groups, to ensure quality of patient care and to restore function.
a. Maintains patient record including evaluations, plan of care, and progress notes, documenting patient responses to treatment and patent education. Uses objective data with clear and concise language in the patient record.
b. Provides direct patient care, utilizing modalities and techniques appropriate for patients from pediatrics to geriatrics. Demonstrates skills and accuracy in performing patient care, conducting tests and measurements as appropriate.
2. Assists with measuring quality and outcomes.
3. Consults with physicians, nursing staff, and other rehabilitative team members to determine plan of action for the patient including therapeutic modifications and discharge planning.
4. Maintains and documents active and supportive communication with the patient, and other appropriate persons, concerning progress, problems, home programs, and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
5. Delegates treatment programs and other responsibilities to support staff as appropriate to the skill/competency levels.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Possess instructional skills and knowledge of educational techniques.
• Possess leadership skills in critical thinking.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with other healthcare personnel, patients, families, and physicians.
• Must have the emotional stamina to deal with a variety of stressful situations including emergency response to patient incidents.
• Requires tact, discretion, diplomacy, and ability to work effectively with others.
• Has an ability to evaluate and/or interpret information and make independent decisions.
• Must have sensory skills to differentiate clinical signs and symptoms.
• Possesses appropriate interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
• Must be able to organize work, to delegate effectively, and to direct and oversee the work of assistants, techs, and other healthcare providers
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.