Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Responsible for a variety of routine safety and emergency security activities while safeguarding students,
employees, visitors, patients and property. First responder to all emergency incidents within the assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or GED required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One year of experience in general security, military or other public safety experience preferred.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
For those required to drive a Piedmont vehicle, valid Driver’s license & must adhere to Piedmont 's
Healthcare Vehicle Safety Program policy 3500
Certified Healthcare Security Officer (IAHSS) preferred
Georgia Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.) certification preferred
Ability to type approximately 30 words per minute and enter data on a computer keyboard preferred
Carry non-lethal weapons such as a Taser CEW and/or a baton required
• Maintains security of the hospital, professional buildings and parking lot/deck.
• Responsible for a variety of safety routine and emergency security activities
• Perform incident documentation and initial incident investigation.
• Responsible for actively monitoring all at risk patients and deescalating difficult situations.
• Respond appropriately to aggressive behavior and apply physical restraints.
• Perform documentation in the medical record.
• Enforces all PHC policies, regulations and applicable state and federal laws.
• Directs traffic when needed
• Assists patients/visitors by giving directions and responding to emergencies.
• Advocates crime prevention and a secure work environment through observation, interaction, and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Capable of demonstrating basic literacy and satisfactory interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to learn and operate computerized security systems, CCTV monitoring equipment, and
standard 2-way radios.
• Possess public/human relations skills, able to cope with stress and emergency situations.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.