Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Perform inpatient and/or outpatient cardiac ultrasound testing to include 2D echo / Doppler, stress exams, and transesophageal echocardiograms as well as other duties assigned by manager, supervisor or lead sonographer. Provide complex technical care with the use of ultrasound technology for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients and provide all necessary documentation and preliminary exam findings.
1. Perform patient evaluations including verifying patient identity, reviewing the medical record for orders and prior studies, and addressing patient questions and concerns.
2. Maintain safety and cleanliness of room and equipment according to infection control policy and equipment cleaning policy. Share responsibility of restocking supplies and notifying supervisor of needs. Report any equipment safety or maintenance issues immediately to supervisor.
3. Perform echocardiograms including 2D / Doppler with and without contrast, dobutamine stress and exercise stress echo exams, and transesophogeal echocardiograms according to protocol.
4. Administer image optimization agent as needed to enhance quality of the echocardiogram.
5. Complete appropriate documentation, post processing, and preliminary findings in the medical record and cardiovascular PACS system.
6. Assist the accreditation process in data collection and submit required studies for review to maintain accreditation and meet internal quality review requirements.
7. Acquire and maintain training and competency in electronic health record system as required to perform duties.
8. Effectively communicate with other members of the patient care team.
9. Participate in rotational training of staff sonographers and student interns.
10. Participate in call rotation and weekend coverage if applicable.
11. Maintain personal competency file.
12. Transport and move / position patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill and competency in performing detailed cardiac ultrasound studies
Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Proficient in windows-based computer software
Experience with electronic health records and cardiovascular PACS systems
Ability to work as a member of a team and maintain / facilitate daily department / office and patient work flow
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of registry approved ultrasound program or equivalent experience according to Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC).
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) required.
Credential in echocardiography in one of the following required:
Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) through the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
Two years of related experience as a hospital inpatient or outpatient / ambulatory cardiac sonographer preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.