Piedmont McDuffie Hospital - Thomson, Georgia
Entity: Piedmont Augusta (McDuffie Location)
Dept: Swing Bed
Schedule/Shift: PRN Nights
The Patient Care Tech, under the supervision of licensed clinical staff, provides care to patients from birth through the lifecycle, demonstrating competency with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to the clinical setting and hospital policy.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school graduate or equivalent
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
BLS certification required
Certification from a Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Technician program preferred
One year of patient care experience preferred
1. Assists with patient assessments to include collection of data regarding the patient’s physical, psychosocial and health history.
2. Assists patients with ADL activities; functions independently with treatments, equipment and procedures appropriate to the scope of clinical practice. Assists with mobility, feeding, oral care, bath and range of motion.
3. Performs treatments timely, to include glucose, checks, incentive spirometry, simple dressing changes, wound/ostomy care.
4. Maintains and monitors skin integrity by turning patients every two hours, applies treatments and barriers as ordered and monitors patient regularly.
5. Documents in the EMR in a timely manner all vital signs and treatments provided.
6. Communicates between all care partners effectively. Ensures primary nurse is aware of any issues, changes in patient condition or concerns
7. Assists with admission and discharge process. Meets patient in the room when admitted whenever possible to obtain vital signs and assist with patient intake. .
8. Reinforces education provided by licensed staff.
9. Controls patient care cost by ensuring accurate recording of patient charges.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Effective Communication Skills
Ability to handle stressful environments
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.