Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Possesses knowledge and ability to provide continuous ECG monitoring through assessment of EKG strips and accurate interpretation of cardiac rhythms and dysrhythmias interpretation including: measurement of P-R intervals, QRS widths, and ST segment deviations. Possesses troubleshooting skills to recognize monitoring problems, identifies probable causes, and seeks solutions to correct the problem. Responsible for maintaining inventories, supplies, hardware and telemetry transmitters in working condition and responsible for appropriately reporting malfunctions promptly as applicable.
1. Responsible for accurate documentation and measurement of cardiac rhythms and ensures placement in the medical record.
2. Accepts responsibility for maintenance of the hardware, telemetry transmitters and maintenance of logs for tracking telemetry locations.
3. Recognizes and communicates timely pertinent patient information to the nurse, including changes in cardiac rhythm and dysrhythmias.
4. Serves as a resource person for staff members, students and float personnel in the identification and interpretation of cardiac rhythms and dysrhythmias
5. Demonstrates and maintains skills to assess basic cardiac rhythms, including but not limited to pulse oximetry.
6. Maintain par levels of inventories, supplies, telemetry transmitters and associated equipment. Cleans and restocks as applicable.
7. Performs unit secretarial functions if required, and as needed (i.e. Answers phone, stuff charts, answers call-light, places order entries).
8. Demonstrate competency at time of hire (and annually thereafter) in accurate interpretation of cardiac rhythms and dysrhythmias and interval measurements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Knowledge of telemetry services
Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School diploma or GED is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Knowledge of cardiac rhythms/basic EKG interpretation.
Certification as a Certified Cardiac Monitor Telemetry Technician (CCMTT) through the American Education Certification Association or Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician (CRAT) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International is preferred.
Successful completion of PHC telemetry monitoring competency assessment within 30 days of hire is required.
One (1) year of experience as a monitor technician is preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.