Piedmont Athens Regional Physician Services - Athens, Georgia
1. Meets and greets patients;
2. Obtains appropriate patient information and medical history;
3. Accurately completes and documents patient medical and physical histories and other related items in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR);
4. Records vital signs; Performs EKG, spirometry and or other similar non-complex office procedures;
5. Aids the physician, extender, and or nursing staff during treatment, examination, and or testing of patients - may include injections and immunizations;
6. Prepares and maintains examination and treatment areas;
7. Maintains examination/treatment rooms, including inventory of supplies and equipment;
8. Under the supervision of a licensed personnel, distributes educational information and instructions for patient care, diagnostics, and other appropriate treatments;
9. Coordinates telephone requests to refill prescription drug medications in accordance with physician instructions;
10. Advises physician and or nurse of patient's adverse reaction to medication and/or treatment to medication and/or treatment;
11. Attends required meetings, in-services, and participates in committees as required;
12. Practices Standard Precautions, including handwashing and disposal of bio-hazardous materials;
13. Complies with established risk management, HIPAA, and safety procedures;
14. Front office duties to include, but not limited to, registration, cashiering, scheduling appointments, tests, and/or hospital admissions;
15. Performs lab duties; including but not limited to, phlebotomy, order entry, collects specimen, establishes chain of custody if applicable, and labels for delivery to appropriate authority for testing;
16. Schedules procedures;
17. Completes medical and physical history forms and other related information requested by third party payors;
18. Receives incoming telephone calls from patients and responds accordingly, under a physician or other licensed provider's guidance;
19. Notifies patient of their test results as directed by a physician or licensed provider;
20. May be the primary clinical support for a physician;
21. Establishes, organizes, and maintains patient medical record;
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School diploma or GED.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: One year of experience in a medical office setting.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: None
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ACLS through the American Heart Association: required as needed by the practice.
School: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES); or similarly recognized accrediting organization or completion of a Nursing Assistant program.
Certification: Candidate must possess a certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or a similarly recognized certifying organization
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.