Piedmont Cartersville Medical Center - Cartersville, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE: Performs diagnostic and interventional procedures to include but not limited to: angiography, venography, myelography, nephro-ureteral, and gastrointestinal studies, and modality assisted drainage and biopsies. Completes all post processing functions. Performs related record keeping and patient care functions. Ensures the utilization of established protocols and techniques differentiating for adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population in the performance of diagnostic procedures and functions.
1. Demonstrates competence and proficiency in performing all interventional radiology procedures on patients of all age groups. Positions patient, selects the correct protocol, and utilizes all required equipment.
2. Maintains competencies for all related components.
3. Accurately follows all established imaging protocols for exam being performed.
4. Provides quality age specific care in accordance with prescribed standards and practices.
5. Adhere to the Radiation Safety Policies and the principles of a viable dose reduction program.
6. Provides patient education and communications in accordance with prescribed standards.
7. May need to demonstrate competence and proficiency in performing all radiological procedures on patients of all age groups. Positions patient, selects the correct protocol, and utilizes all required equipment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology Program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: None
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (R) or Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS).
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: -Advance Certification by ARRT in Vascular-Interventional Radiographer (VI) or Cardiac-Interventional Radiographer (CI) preferred. -BLS Certified
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.