Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technologists utilize the resonant frequency properties of atoms within a magnetic field to image anatomic and/or physiologic conditions of the body to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disease. MR technologists perform diagnostic Magnetic resonance examinations in accordance with all prescribed standards under the direct guidance of the supervising Radiologist. MR Technologists provide patient care to all age groups to include neonatal, pediatrics, adult, and geriatrics.
1. Demonstrates competence and proficiency in performing all MRI procedures on
patients of all age groups. Positions patient, selects the correct protocol,
and utilizes all required equipment.
2. Maintains competencies in all non-scanner related components.
3. Accurately follows all established imaging protocols for exam being performed.
4. Performs quality control procedures in accordance with the ACR guidelines.
5. Provides quality age specific care in accordance with prescribed standards and practices.
6. Provides patient education and communications in accordance with prescribed standards.
7. May need to demonstrate competence and proficiency in performing all radiological
procedures on patients of all age groups. Positions patient, selects the correct protocol, and
utilizes all required equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
1. Must have a strong knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy
2. Must be able to perform quality MR examinations in accordance with all standards.
3. Must deliver SAFE care in accordance with the Alwaysafe program.
4. Must be able to provide other technologists instruction on the same equipment.
5. Must use AIDET with every encounter and be proficient with service recovery.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of one year experience as a Radiology Technologist and 6 months experience as a MRI Technologist preferred.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology in Radiography (R).
BLS certified required. Advanced certification by the ARRT in MRI (MR) preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.