Patient Care Tech / Sitter - McDuffie - FT, Days
Job Number: 1091351
Piedmont McDuffie Hospital - Thomson, Georgia
The Patient Care Tech/Sitter, under the supervision of licensed clinical staff, provides care to patients from birth through the lifecycle, demonstrating competency with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to the clinical setting and hospital policy. Additionally, they are also responsible the observation of patients who have been assessed as confused, combative and have the potential to cause harm, or fall risk.
Patient Care Tech
- Assists with patient assessments to include collection of data regarding the patient’s physical, psychosocial and health history.
- Assists patients with ADL activities; functions independently with treatments, equipment and procedures appropriate to the scope of clinical practice. Assists with mobility, feeding, oral care, bath and range of motion.
- Performs treatments timely, to include glucose, checks, incentive spirometry, simple dressing changes, wound/ostomy care.
- Maintains and monitors skin integrity by turning patients every two hours, applies treatments and barriers as ordered and monitors patient regularly.
- Documents in the EMR in a timely manner all vital signs and treatments provided.
- Communicates between all care partners effectively. Ensures primary nurse is aware of any issues, changes in patient condition or concerns.
- Assists with admission and discharge process. Meets patient in the room when admitted whenever possible to obtain vital signs and assist with patient intake.
- Reinforces education provided by licensed staff.
- Controls patient care cost by ensuring accurate recording of patient charges.
- Receive report from the assigned patient’s nurses regarding their safety status, condition, mobility and diet.
- Monitor patients to provide a safe environment free from falls.
- Observe and report any complications/ deviations/unusual information about the patient or environment to the patient’s assigned nurse. Team member will refrain from the use of personal devices while in the patient’s room.
- Follows appropriate AIDET guidelines.
- Provides support to the patient, family, visitors and care team of assigned patients.
- Document patient activity, concerns and communication regarding the patient by notifying the primary nurse.
- Sitter must remain with the patient at all times unless relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- The sitter will report off at the end of the shift to the primary nurse and oncoming sitter.
- Adhere to entity policies, procedures and defined standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Effective Communication Skills
Ability to handle stressful environments
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school graduate or equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
BLS certification required
Certification from a Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Technician program preferred
One year of patient care experience preferred
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.