Piedmont Mountainside Hospital - Jasper, Georgia
Our purpose, our promise – to make a positive difference in every life we touch.
Program will begin November 2023.
Our 12-month, comprehensive, transition-to-practice program facilitates your progress from student to professional nurse through education, mentorship and peer support. Our Nurse Residency program prepares new graduate nurses by teaching the knowledge, skills and behaviors that are necessary to continuously improve quality and safety at the point of care. It combines precepted orientation, led by dedicated preceptors, with blended learning experiences.
Nurse residents will:
• develop the clinical judgment needed to rapidly recognize a change in patient’s condition and the urgency of a clinical situation • cultivate excellent communication skills, allowing them to engage with colleagues and support patients
• enjoy cohort experiences designed to promote peer and professional socialization and strengthen your professional commitment to nursing
• learn didactic content specifically tailored to new graduates from professional nursing organizations
Opportunities available in Acute Care, Critical Care, Emergency Department, Women’s Services, Cardiovascular/Progressive Care, Surgical Services, Transplant, and more!
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Dedication to quality, safety, and service
• Patient Centered-Care Our Opportunities
• Career pathways
• Continuing education opportunities
Our Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive base pay plus shift and specialty differentials
• 401K (6% match after 1 year/1000 hours worked)
• Education Assistance Program
RESPONSIBLE FOR: The staff nurse provides nursing care to patients from birth through the lifecycle utilizing nursing processes to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care for patients. He/she functions within the framework of the policies and procedures of the organization and demonstrates professional growth and accountability. The staff nurse is responsible for maintaining standards of practice, coordinating patient care activities of all assigned staff in the provision of quality nursing care.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Leadership Skills, Effective Communication Skills, Initiative, Independent Judgment, Ability to handle stressful environments.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate of a nursing program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: New Graduates of a nursing program eligible.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse BLS certification required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree preferred Advanced certification in field of specialty, if applicable.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.