Anesthesiology Assistant - (Full-Time) Sign On Bonus Offered - Piedmont Macon
Piedmont Macon Medical Center and Piedmont Macon North are seeking additional APP's to join our employed anesthesiology practice. This group covers 2 Piedmont hospitals (Piedmont Macon Medical Centers and Piedmont Northside) and 1 ASC. Facilities are within 8-10 minutes of each other with no Trauma service. We are looking for collegial providers with a team mentality. We emphasize developing multi-disciplinary relationships with anesthetists while keeping patients at the center of everything we do.
Comprised of over 22 hospitals, more than 1000 employed physicians, and over 250 physician and specialist offices across greater Atlanta and North Georgia, Piedmont Healthcare is a fast-growing, recognized leader in delivering high quality care. Metro Atlantas vibrant economy fuels a wealth of global communities and diverse cultural experiences, while the state of Georgia offers coastline beaches and mountain views. Live and work with the best at Piedmont in the big and small towns of the Peach State.
APP Anesthesiology Assistant
As a member of the team, an Anesthesiologist Assistant who practices under the medical direction of anesthesiologists to deliver high-quality, patient centered, evidence-based anesthesia services. The AA cares for patients at all acuity levels in a variety of settings including but not limited to surgical, obstetrical, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
Clinical responsibilities of the PA-AA will be delegated by an anesthesiologist. Care is directed by an anesthesiologist who shares responsibility for the patient. With the direction of the anesthesiologist the PA-AA will:
- Administer anesthetic, adjuvant, or accessory drugs under the direction of an anesthesiologist.
- Verify availability of operating room supplies, medications, and gases.
- Provide clinical instruction, supervision or training to staff in areas such as anesthesia practices.
- Collect samples or specimens for diagnostic testing.
- Participate in seminars, workshops, or other professional activities to keep abreast of developments in anesthesiology.
- Collect and document patients' pre-anesthetic health histories.
- Provide airway management interventions including tracheal intubation, fiber optics, or ventilary support.
- Monitor and document patients' progress during post-anesthesia period.
- Pretest and calibrate anesthesia delivery systems and monitors.
- Administer blood, blood products, or supportive fluids.
- Control anesthesia levels during procedures.
- Respond to emergency situations by providing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), basic cardiac life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), or pediatric advanced life support (PALS).
- Assist anesthesiologists in monitoring of patients including electrocardiogram (EKG), direct arterial pressure, central venous pressure, arterial blood gas, hematocrit, or routine measurement of temperature, respiration, blood pressure and heart rate.
- Assist in the provision of advanced life support techniques including those procedures using high frequency ventilation or intra-arterial cardiovascular assistance devices
- Assist anesthesiologists in performing anesthetic procedures such as epidural and spinal injections.
- Assist in the application of monitoring techniques such as pulmonary artery catheterization, electroencephalographic spectral analysis, echocardiography, and evoked potentials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform clinically as part of an anesthesia care team
- Ability to operate, use, and interpret data from a wide variety of equipment to perform anesthesia care as well as necessary perioperative or operating room care to support the safety and well-being of the patient while they are under the direct care of the PA-AA
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required to collaborate with various clinical staff and other disciplines
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patients requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control techniques
- Ability to maintain confidential records
- Ability to implement and adhere to facility policies and procedure
- Facilitate the timely delivery of care and efficient function of the OR
Compensation Package Details
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Relocation and CME allowance ($2500)
- Employed APPs are covered under Piedmonts malpractice insurance with $1M per incident and $3M aggregate.
- Extensive, multi-level medical benefits package as well as dental, vision, life, short & long term disability options, and other programs offered
- 401(k) retirement plan w/ 6% match
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Masters degree in Anesthesia
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year of previous work experience in hospital setting, clinical quality, or performance improvement.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Certified by National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assts(NCCAA)
Georgia Licensure as Anesthesiologist Assistant
BLS certification required