Associate Application Coordinator - EPIC
Responsible for the design, build, testing, validation, and ongoing support of clinical and/or revenue cycle
applications. This position is responsible for obtaining the appropriate Epic certification and maintaining
an in-depth knowledge of the software functionality and acquiring knowledge of the clinical or revenue
cycle workflows to be implemented on the system. The Associate Application Coordinator is responsible
for being on-call periodically on a 24/7 basis to provide tier III level support of the Epic clinical and/or
revenue cycle applications. This position is responsible for the implementation of configuration changes to
the Epic system as approved by the appropriate committee. Jointly with each other and with the clinical /
financial department representatives, they design a future-state workflow and build the system to support
the new workflow. The Associate Application Coordinators work with each other across interdisciplinary
workgroups, to accomplish these goals as a team. The Associate Application Coordinator is a
representative of the Information Services team and is responsible for establishing and maintaining
critical business relationships with fellow Piedmont co-workers, physicians and all others who use or
interact with the Epic application suite.
1. Establishes and maintains critical business relationships with Piedmont co-workers, physicians and
others who utilize the Epic suite of applications.
2. Obtains and maintains Epic certification in assigned application module(s).
3. Coordinates application/system issues list and works with the appropriate teams to resolve issues
within the predetermined Service Level Agreement parameters.
4. Designs, builds and validates detailed Epic configuration parameters to ensure functionality and
implement approved changes to the application including modifications required to achieve desired
clinical / revenue cycle workflows.
5. Participates in and relays business/application functionality expertise during advanced application
6. Provides 24/7 expert level (tier III) details support of the Epic application suite within their certified
7. May interact as the primary customer contact with Epic Systems, Inc., in order to facilitate issue
resolution or the coordination of application enhancements.
8. Provides onsite application training and support for Epic product go-lives/implementations.
9. Provides Command Center services/support for organizational product implementations.
10. Reviews and tests new builds, hot fixes or major application releases prior to implementing in the
11. Documents and communicates project status team members, with department representatives;
provide formal status reporting on a periodic basis to project management / leadership as requested.
12. Coordinates and facilitates meetings as assigned.
13. Designs and implements future-state clinical workflows by interacting with clinical department
representatives to analyze needs and translate these into system design.
14. Populates master tables and system files in accordance with established guidelines; following
standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications.
15. Provides detailed application testing in a structured manner and documents test results.
16. Following established guidelines for system change control.
17. Collaborating with Principal Trainers in the design and development of role-based training programs
to support the workflows to be implemented.
18. Assist the Application Training team with application training during peak demand times for these
19. Maintains system documentation to current standards.
20. Works with customer base to identify potential workflow issues and/or system enhancement needs.
21. Monitors system performance and reports any potential issues with the appropriate staff.
22. Presents and communicates in a professional and effective manner.
Performance and Technical Competencies
1. Process Adherence - Adheres to all defined organizational processes and ensures others adhere to
processes. Seeks out ways to improve processes.
2. Co-Worker Development - Regularly establishes goals with co-workers. Regularly provides
feedback, encouragement, or counseling to co-workers to optimize performance. Provides input into
career development, and establishes a positive, respectful working environment
3. Group Facilitation - Effectively oversees a dynamic group of co-workers and fosters an environment
that clearly defines job roles duties and expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
1. Decision Making - Able to make independent decisions of a complex nature. Scope at department
and customer department level. Able to foster good decision making skills for co-workers.
2. Analysis and Problem Solving - Able to analyze multiple complex situations to create and
implement solutions. Scope at department and customer department level.
3. Communication - Able to communicate complex ideas and information using a variety of media.
Very good written, verbal, and presentation skills at peer, customer, and leadership level. Able to
model and foster good communication skills for co-workers. Communicates Piedmont and PHC IS
related information to staff.
4. Teamwork and Customer Service Able to effectively lead large group efforts involving people
from multiple teams. Models and establishes collaborative and service oriented environment while
enforcing standards of good service.
5. Fiscal Responsibility - Models fiscally prudent behavior and ensures adherence to budgetary
policies. Manages resources within budget parameters, and able to provide input into the budgeting
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) of progressively responsible experience in computer based software support, project
management or relevant clinical or healthcare field is required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
This position requires that the appropriate Epic certification be successfully obtained 90 days after
completion of the last class.
Experience utilizing EPIC applications preferred.
Current clinical licensure in nursing, medical technology, respiratory therapy, nuclear medicine, etc. is