Back Office Coordinator (CMA) - Primary Care, East Paces
Responsible for functioning as a hands-on working supervisor and under general direction: plans, assigns, and oversees the daily activities of specified clinical employees that perform a variety of patient care activities in accordance with established standards and protocols. Responsible for maintaining sufficient clinical staffing levels and adequate medical supplies needed to run the day-to-day operation of the practice.
1. Oversees the daily supervision of the practices clinical staff, including those performing phlebotomy and lab duties to assure that the back office activities are flowing smoothly and effectively and that the staff are supporting the physicians and caring for the patients.
2. Ensures that patients are triaged in a timely manner and put into the appropriate rooms.
3. Ensures that there is sufficient clinical staff present for the daily operation of the practice. Advises the practice manager and/or the physicians of staffing needs.
4. Reviews Paid Time Off (PTO) requests and forwards to practice manager for approval.
5. Assists the practice manager with the selection, supervision and counseling of all clinical staff.
6. Assists the clinical staff with issues concerning patients, equipment supplies and any other matters affecting proper patient care.
7. Recommends improvement processes and procedures to the practice manager; conducts regular audits of back office operations.
8. Serve as the super user for quality, safety, and other clinical initiatives.
9. Inventories and orders necessary medical supplies for use in the practice. Projects costs and arranges for delivery of medical supplies as needed for the efficient daily operation of the practice.
10. Obtains information on new and improved medical supplies from outside vendors. Works in conjunction with the practice manager, physicians and other clinical staff to determine best products for use in the practice.
11. Performs the patient care activities required of a Medical Assistant. Provides a wide variety of clinical services to patients under direct supervision of a physician.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, vendors, and others as needed by the organization.
Ability to deal with problems and work well under pressure.
Knowledge of the managed care environment and medical terminology.
Proficiency with the following computer applications:
o Microsoft Office, including Outlook
o Other systems deemed necessary by Practice
Above average data entry skills.
Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
Excellent clinical skills.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High school diploma or GED.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Three (3) years of back office experience in a healthcare setting.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: Certification: Candidate must possess a certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); or a similarly recognized certifying organization.
.ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
School: Graduation from a Medical Assistant program accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES); or similarly recognized accrediting organization or completion of a Nursing Assistant program. Successful completion of an accredited practical nurse program with current GA LPN license preferred.