CT Technologist SPRN 2-PMM
Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs Radiology Services procedures at a technical level requiring no constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures required. Recognizes the purpose employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a Technologist. Performs examinations on patients of various ages from neonate to geriatric.
1. Selects and operates equipment, selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient basis, selects and loads proper film cassettes, using film markers correctly and consistently, develops film as required.
2. Transfers and properly position patients for examinations in order to obtain desired radiographic results according to physician specifications. Provides immobilization as required and protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
3. Assist physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and pouring contrast media, administering contrast media, holding and turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures, and other related duties as required.
4. Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include; inputting/editing exams, and completion of requisition prior to submitting exams to be read.
5. Receives verbal orders for examinations from a responsible practitioner in keeping with the state license.
6. Demonstrates Customer Service principles and behaviors appropriately.
7. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
9. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
10. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
11. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
12. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
13. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Associate Degree or equivalent in Radiological Technology required.
Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (R) is required.
Advanced certification by ARRT in Computed Tomography (CT) is preferred.
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) Certification required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques - Required
Knowledge of radiographic physics, knowledge of medical terminology- Required