Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Medical Oncology
Responsible for providing a variety of patient care activities under the supervision of a physician, advanced practice provider (APP), or registered nurse in accordance with established guidelines and standards.
Lab experience is preferred
Meets and greets patients, obtains appropriate patient information and medical history, accurately completes and documents patient medical and physical histories and other related items in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
2. Records vital signs; performs EKG, spirometry and or other similar office procedures; aids licensed staff during treatment, examination, and or testing of patients, which may include injections and immunizations. Advises physician and or nurse of patient's adverse reaction to medication and/or treatment to medication and/or treatment.
3. Performs lab duties, including but not limited to: phlebotomy, order entry, specimen collection, establishes chain of custody if applicable, and labels for delivery to appropriate authority for testing.
4. Under the supervision of a licensed personnel, distributes educational information and instructions for patient care, diagnostics, and other appropriate treatments.
5. Coordinates telephone and in-basket requests to refill prescription drug medications and report test results in accordance with provider instructions; responds accordingly to other requests under a physician or other licensed provider's guidance.
6. Prepares and maintains examination/treatment rooms, including inventory of supplies and equipment.
7. Practices Standard Precautions, including handwashing and disposal of bio-hazardous materials; complies with established risk management, HIPAA, and safety procedures.
8. Attends required meetings, in-services, and participates in committees as required.
9. Assist with administrative duties as needed, to include procedure scheduling and completion of medical and physical history forms and other related information requested by third party payors.
10. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School diploma or GED required. Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES); or similarly recognized accrediting organization or completion of a Nursing Assistant program is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
BLS required. Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or a similarly recognized certifying organization required.