Licensed Practical Nurse - Med Surg Neurology - Weekend Option Days
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or provider to patients form birth through the lifecycle utilizing the nursing process in accordance with Piedmont Healthcares Mission and Vision Statements; functions within the framework of their license and the policy and procedures of the organization and demonstrates professional growth and accountability. The Licensed Practical Nurse guides ancillary staff, collaborates with other health care professionals in the provision of quality nursing care. The Licensed Practical Nurse blends compassion, caring and technologically appropriate competency resulting in holistic care to the patient.
1. Performs patient assessments as designated by Registered Nurse or provider to include collection of data regarding the patients physical, psychosocial and health history.
2. Appropriately evaluates the developmental age of the patient when performing assessments, treatments and patient/family education.
3. In collaboration with Registered Nurse or provider, organizes patient data into the formulation of a plan of care; identifies additional information needed and makes care decisions based on identified needs. Identifies expected patient outcomes.
4. Carries out plan of care to achieve desired patient outcomes.
5. Provides patient care that is specific to the setting, identified needs and plan; ensures that the care provided is appropriate to the severity of the disease, condition, impairment or disability.
6. Oversees activities of ancillary and support team members.
7. Identifies teaching opportunities and provides the resources necessary for achieving the educational goals of the patients.
8. Communications issues/concerns to the Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager and/or physician as appropriate.
9. Documents patient care and concerns in the patient record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Effective Communication Skills
Ability to handle stressful environments
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an LPN program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
New graduates of an accredited nursing school are eligible.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State of Georgia as a LPN or NLC/eNLC Multistate License.
BLS certification required
Demonstrated clinical competency in the specialty area applying for preferred
Nursing Experience in Hospital Setting Preferred
If working in the Emergency Department, ALS/ACLS and PALS required
(LPNs new to specialty will complete applicable certifications within 6 months of start date)
Experienced Emergency Department nurses will have 6 months to obtain the PALS certification.