Mgr Facility Supply Chain - Walton
Coordinating established Supply Chain Management operational systems at a Piedmont Facility within
goals and objectives of PHC Supply Chain and the needs of the assigned facility. This includes activities
related to product conversions, department requisitioning, inventory management, par cart replenishment
and patient supply charges (as relates to Supply Chain). Establish unique programs to fit the needs of
facility within general PHC guidelines and local direction. Work with department heads to meet the supply
needs of the facility while enforcing PHC and facility policies and procedures. Ensure that department
operates in a efficient and cost-effective manner. Accountable for the appropriate MMIS, operation and
process training of all non-supply chain staff who request supplies and/or equipment. Participate in and
support the Value Analysis process at a local and system level.
1. Supervises Supply Chain Management staff to include hiring, firing, counseling, payroll functions,
scheduling, recruitment and retention.
2. Manages all aspects of the hospital official inventory so as to assure an accurate perpetual
3. Oversees and assures compliance to prudent and effective supply and distribution systems.
4. Investigates and recommends improvements to daily internal operations in accordance with the
overall Piedmont Healthcare Supply Chain program.
5. Provides statistical, productivity and quality indicators relating to department operations.
6. Enforces PHC and local policies and procedures.
7. Works in accordance with and carries out materials management goals, objectives and strategies
as directed by the overall Supply Chain Management plan of PHC and the needs of the facility.
8. Facilitates product conversions and standardization at facility. To include active support and
participation in the Value Analysis Process at a local and system wide level.
9. Manages administrative functions to ensure efficient operations with in Supply & Distribution
10. Oversees surgery materials systems personnel to assure effective and efficient supply system.
11. Manages financial expenses within budget.
12. Manages Mail Services assuring permits are funded and mail costs are maintained efficiently.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelors degree in Business, or a related field.
In lieu of degree, six (6) years of relevant work experience will be accepted in addition to the experience
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years of progressive job-related experience to include two (2) years of leadership experience.
(If no degree, a total of eleven (11) years of experience required.)
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Must be highly customer focused.
Knowledge of various inventory control methods and distribution.
Knowledge of computerized inventory control system.
Familiar with JCAHO, AAMI and OSHA requirements.
Financial and/or mathematical aptitude to interpret inventory abnormalities and determine resolutions.
Interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of hospital personnel and to maintain an effective working
relationship with other departments.
Communication skills to appropriately motivate and document consultants with staff to achieve desired
Analytical skills to develop reports, interpret data, understand financial ratios, and evaluate services.
Managerial skills to plan, organize, supervise and direct the activities of subordinates.
Excel and Word skills should be at an intermediate level.