Ortho Tech - Orthopedics
1. Provides assistance in the care of the orthopedic patient under the orders and supervision of physician and works in collaboration with nursing staff and Rehabilitation Services.
2. Applies orthopedic equipment as ordered and maintains all orthopedic and soft good inventories.
3. Responsible for making patient rounds for patient education about splints, braces, casts, traction, and other orthopedic appliances and making sure that devices are fitting appropriately.
4. Responsible for staff education about splints, braces, casts, traction and other orthopedic appliances.
5. Participates in unit based Quality Improvement process.
6. Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
8. Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
9. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
11. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
12. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
13. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
14. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
15. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Completion of Orthopedic Technologist program required.
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification required.
Certification of Orthopedic Technology preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Previous Ortho technologist experience preferred.