Provider Recruiter, Piedmont Augusta
Supports the physician and advanced practice provider recruitment, onboarding and retention functions for the Physician Enterprise.
1. Identifies potential sources of qualified candidates by researching job fairs/conferences to attend, searching the candidate database for prospects, posting positions on the PHC web site as well as association web sites.
2. Publishes ads in association publications, creates a list of targeted candidates to send mailing or email campaigns to, as well as networking with program directors and other external sources used for physician recruitment.
3. Analyzes the effectiveness of ads placed and sources used.
4. Plans, participates and sets up recruitment activities including job fairs, campus visits, conferences/seminars, etc.
5. Screens candidates for appropriate skills and abilities and completes a thorough phone interview prior to presenting to hiring manager.
6. Facilitates the site visit for the provider candidate and spouse/significant other. This may include but is not limited to arranging for travel, lodging, meals, and welcome gift, developing itineraries for physician and spouse and providing transportation, as needed.
7. Escorts candidate to all of their interviews during his/her site visit.
8. Manages the offer, contract, and onboarding of the candidate.
9. Accountable for retention metrics.
10. Maintains relationships and communicates often with hospital and practice executives.
11. Coordinates, develops and leads on-boarding process for all newly hired providers.
Maintains regular contact with bi-weekly email and/or phone calls with providers until the effective start date and beyond for retention purposes.
Ensures all required data, licenses, boards, certificates, etc have been collected to ensure provider start date.
Develop strong relationships with the credentialing/provider enrollment and other necessary department contacts to manage onboarding of new providers.
12. Other duties as assigned to support the needs of the department.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Social Sciences, Communications or related field is required.
In lieu of degree, six (6) years of relevant work experience will be accepted in addition to the experience requirement.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of work experience in physician recruitment, physician relations, communications, marketing, healthcare, or a related field required.
(If no degree, a total of nine (9) years of experience required).
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: