RN Residency Summer 2024 - Piedmont Rockdale
Our purpose, our promise to make a positive difference in every life we touch.
Program will begin July 2024
Our 12-month, comprehensive, transition-to-practice program facilitates your progress from student to professional nurse through education, mentorship and peer support. Our Nurse Residency program prepares new graduate nurses by teaching the knowledge, skills and behaviors that are necessary to continuously improve quality and safety at the point of care. It combines precepted orientation, led by dedicated preceptors, with blended learning experiences.
Nurse residents will:
- develop the clinical judgment needed to rapidly recognize a change in patients condition and the urgency of a clinical situation
- cultivate excellent communication skills, allowing them to engage with colleagues and support patients
- enjoy cohort experiences designed to promote peer and professional socialization and strengthen your professional commitment to nursing
- learn didactic content specifically tailored to new graduates from professional nursing organizations
Opportunities available in Acute Care, Critical Care, Emergency Dept, Womens Services, Cardiovascular/Progressive Care, Surgical Services, Transplant, and more!
Total Rewards that work for you:
- Competitive and equitable compensation for all roles
- Total Wellness programs for you and your family
- Wellness Coaching App 24/7 Live Coaching
- Physician and Nursing Peer Coaching
- Financial Wellness Planning and Education
- Broad Employee Assistance Program services
- PTO your way
- Combined PTO days for greater flexibility
- 100% paid Maternity Leave (requires return to work)
- Employer Paid Military Leave
- Opportunity for PTO cash-in
- Celebrate Diversity Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Paid Holiday
- Choice of Medical/Prescription Drug Plans
- Dental and Vision
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Healthcare and Dependent Day Care
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Fully paid long term disability
- Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Making great culture happen
Our inclusive culture welcomes and celebrates you were stronger because of our team members diverse backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives. Named an Americas Greatest Workplaces for Diversity 2023 by Newsweek and Plant-A Insights Group, we offer 17 local Diversity Councils, all working together to ensure that Piedmont feels like family.
Committed to a stronger Georgia
Piedmonts Georgia roots run deep. We strengthen our communities through award-winning care for patients and award-winning workplaces where our team members thrive.
RESPONSIBLE FOR: The staff nurse provides nursing care to patients from birth through the lifecycle utilizing nursing processes to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care for patients. He/she functions within the framework of the policies and procedures of the organization and demonstrates professional growth and accountability. The staff nurse is responsible for maintaining standards of practice, coordinating patient care activities of all assigned staff in the provision of quality nursing care. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Leadership Skills, Effective Communication Skills, Initiative, Independent Judgment, Ability to handle stressful environmentsQualifications:
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate of a nursing program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: New Graduates of a nursing program eligible
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse BLS certification required.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree preferred Advanced certification in field of specialty, if applicable