Responsible for the planning, implementation, management and control of all financial activities of the
entity and provides leadership for the accounting, budgeting, and forecasting of department units. The
positions assumes a strategic role in the overall direction and management of the entity in evaluating
short-term and long-term strategic initiatives and through its responsibilities for fostering key stakeholder
and partnership relations.
1. Successful oversight of all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the entity.
2. Maintains accountability for their respective entity financials.
3. Partners with the entity CEO to provide strategic financial insight on key decisions.
4. Translates system-wide operating strategies and key performance indicators (”KPIs”) into entity
specific initiatives and uses financial analysis to provide insightful interpretations for decision
5. Implements key decisions made by the EVP/CFO, PHC and supports the system-wide Finance
6. Defines and enforces effective and efficient internal management processes.
7. Reviews the methodology used by Finance staff to evaluate internal and external business
opportunities and suggests alternatives.
8. Identifies and manages continuous improvement initiatives and drives strategic Finance
9. Participates in performance management process including performance evaluation, coaching,
and development of direct reports.
10. Ensures accurate and timely completion of all financial reporting in compliance with applicable
federal, state and local regulatory and tax laws.
11. Delivers credible analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts to the Executive Entity
12. Takes active role in developing strategic short-term and long-term objectives for the entity
including providing options for strategic, financial performance and business opportunities.
13. Review with the board on impacts of new programs or regulatory conditions on the financials of
14. Leads the maintenance and improvement of current costing systems.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Ten (10) or more years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles within the health care
Master’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
CPA is highly desirable.