Piedmont Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, Georgia
RRT performs patient assessments, general and critical care respiratory care procedures, respiratory care for newborns in Labor and Delivery, blood gas analysis and interpretation, maintenance and management of equipment and patient and family education in both adult and neonatal areas.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy Sciences
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Previous Working Experience in Neonatal Respiratory care, or successful completion of department specific orientation including skills validation of competencies for the duties and responsibilities of this level.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care and licensed by the State Board of Medical Examiners
Current certifications in BCLS, ACLS, and NRP. Must be actively practicing and maintaining all required competencies in both adult and neonatal areas.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Neonatal Pediatric Specialist credential from the National Board for Respiratory Care preferred.
1. Performs basic patient assessments.
2. Performs advanced patient assessments.
3. Ensures documentation.
4. Administers medication.
5. Performs quality control procedures, arterial blood gas analysis, and interpreting and reporting of results.
6. Inserts, maintains, and documents arterial lines per protocol.
7. Ensures basic airway management and clearance for the adult/pediatric/neonate.
8. Ensures advanced airway management and clearance for the adult/pediatric/neonate.
9. Initiates and proficiently monitors and manages invasive mechanical ventilation on the adult/pediatric/neonate.
10. Initiates, monitors and manages non-invasive positive pressure ventilation.
11. Provides respiratory care for newborns in Labor and Delivery/NICU.
12. Performs special procedures.
13. Safeguards patient care equipment and maintains fiscal responsibility.
14. Contributes to quality and outcomes.
15. Functions as preceptor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent clinical decision making skills and critical thinking to assess patient care.
Proficiency with Windows-based computer applications and emailing.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.