Piedmont Fayette Hospital - Fayetteville, Georgia
The Physical Therapy Assistant, under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, provides physical therapy for all age groups, demonstrating competency with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to the clinical setting and hospital policy. Responsible for providing physical therapy modalities and treatment procedures as determined by a treatment plan established by the physical therapist to enable the patient to reach the highest level of physical independence.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Associates degree from an approved Physical Therapist Assistant program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current Physical Therapy Assistant license in the State of Georgia
BLS certification through AHA.
1. Provides direct patient care, utilizing modalities and techniques established in the plan of care.
2. Demonstrates skills and accuracy in performing patient care, conducting tests and measurements as appropriate.
3. Assists with measuring quality and outcomes.
4. Maintains and documents active and supportive communication with the patient, Physical Therapist and other appropriate persons concerning progress, problems, home programs, and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
· Requires tact, discretion, diplomacy, and the ability to work effectively with others.
· Must have sensory appropriate clinical skill sets to identify changes in patient’s progress and communicate to the PT. differentiate subtle clinical signs and symptoms of communication disorders.
· Must have the emotional stamina to deal with a variety of stressful situations including emergency response to patient incidents.
· Demonstrates competency using appropriate equipment for patient care and general computer skills.
· Must have general working knowledge of therapeutic procedures.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.