Piedmont Macon Medical Center - Macon, Georgia
Strategic planning, defining, and maintaining standards of practice for service delivery for all departments comprising the Rehabilitation Service Line. Establishes departmental goals and objectives, guidelines, policies and procedures relative to the functioning of the department. Ensure compliance with all state, federal and regulatory/accreditation standards. Ensures ongoing growth, development, and supervision that promote the Mission, Vision, and Values of Piedmont Healthcare Corporation.
1. Ensures that administrative and operational processes occur daily and on an ongoing basis.
2. Provides human resources management.
3. Measures quality and outcomes to ensure the provision of quality patient care services.
4. Enhances customer satisfaction.
5. Markets service and program to enhance utilization and awareness.
6. Acts as a liaison and advocate for his/her departments and employees.
7. Manages costs.
8. Communicates with others effectively.
9. Possesses appropriate interpersonal and organizational skills.
10. Responsible for planning, growth and strategic initiatives.
11. Provides strategic direction.
12. Provides operational management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
• Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an accredited school of Physical or Occupational Therapy, or Speech-Language Pathology or has a Master’s Degree in a related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five years of previous healthcare leadership experience.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
BLS certified through AHA.
Working knowledge of all aspects of all areas included under rehabilitation services, as well as policies related to reimbursement and program planning required.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.