Piedmont Henry Hospital - Stockbridge, Georgia
JOB PURPOSE: Prepares OR and anesthesia equipment and supplies necessary for administration of general, monitored OR and anesthesia care, or regional anesthesia and supports anesthesia services. Maintains inventory levels of OR and anesthesia equipment and supplies. Job responsibilities may include proximity to medications while in areas with restricted access.
1. Demonstrates advanced knowledge and proficient practice in the support technician role.
2. Maintains an environment that consistently meets all safety, infection control and quality parameters
3. Functions in partnership with licensed staff.
4. Maintains inventory levels of OR equipment and supplies, including anesthesia carts, emergency airway carts, and the anesthesia supply areas.
5. Prepares OR and anesthesia supplies and equipment.
6. Assists in transporting patients and equipment as needed.
7. Assists with case cart preparation under the direction of a registered nurse or surgical technologist.
8. Performs clipping of patients as needed for surgical procedures.
9. Performs positioning techniques to ensure safety of patients
10. Performs patient care duties for clients of various age groups under the direction of a registered nurse.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Graduate or equivalent.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One year in operative or invasive clinical setting.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
AHS BLS Certification.
Certified anesthesia technician (Cer.A.T.) or equivalent certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill and ability to communicate effectively verbally.
Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities.
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Basic computer skills.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.