Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital - Athens, Georgia
Performs venipunctures, and obtains/prepares blood specimens in accordance with Piedmont policies and procedures.
1. Obtains IV access and performs venipuncture as needed, in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures.
Age Specific Population Served:
Infant 0-1 yr
Child 1-12 yr
Adolescent 12-18 yr
Adult 18-65 yr
Geriatric 65 and older
2. Communicates accurate instructions, information and overall assistance to customers.
3. Complies with regulations of all existing applicable state, federal and regulatory agencies.
4. Assists nursing units and procedural areas with obtaining IV access.
5. Teaches venipuncture to others.
6. Assists in performing and recording routine maintenance checks.
7. Demonstrates proficiency in the Electronic Medical Record.
8. Performs clerical duties as needed.
9. Attends regularly scheduled meetings as indicated by Department Supervisor
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School graduate or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two (2) years of phlebotomy experience.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Phlebotomy Certification required.
Experience working in a hospital preferred.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.