Biomedical Tech III - Atlanta
**Sign On Bonus Available**
Maintaining medical equipment that includes repair, preventive maintenance, and electrical safety to ensure patient / staff safety and correct diagnosis for medical providers, and to ensure compliance for the Environment of Care.
1. Performs general equipment repair and document results.
2. Performs preventive maintenance and safety checks to certify equipment readiness 95% uptimes.
3. Maintains files, supplies, and parts to assure 90% uptimes and informs repair or replace decisions.
4. Partners with Information Services (IS) to support device integration.
5. Maintains current knowledge within field with additional training and certifications.
6. Provides high level of values in servicing equipment by avoiding costly options.
7. Communicates with staff and customers; participates in equipment evaluations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Computer keyboard or typing skills.
Perform equipment database documentation.
Knowledge and use of testing devices.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Associate's degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology or Electronics Engineering.
In lieu of degree, can have one of the following:
1) Equivalent Military Biomed Tech Program.
2) Industry recognized Certification (AAMI / ACI CBET, CRES).
3) Three (3) years equivalent experience in Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Three (3) years of HTM or electronics engineering experience in one (1) specific specialist field or training certificates in at least three (3) specialist fields.
The Specialist categories are: Anesthesia/OR, Respiratory, Sterilization, NICU/Nursery, and Laboratory.
If no degree, six (6) years of HTM or electronics engineering experience required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: