Cardiac Advanced Practice Provider Acute Care Services Piedmont Newton Hospital
Piedmont Heart Institute (PHI) is recruiting for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join the Acute Care Services team at Piedmont Newton Hospital. This is a full time position.
This is a great opportunity to be employed by one of the nations leading cardiology programs. You will work alongside some of the most respected and highly-trained physicians. Piedmont Heart Institute provides the full line of cardiovascular services with dedicated electrophysiology, transplant, advanced heart failure, critical care, interventional, surgical and research services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the evaluation and treatment of Cardiology patients in an inpatient setting.
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the data in the patients record.
- Write progress notes, consults, admissions, and discharge summaries
- Prepare patient workups.
- Order and schedule diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients as direct patient care services are delivered.
- Work alongside Physicians and other Cardiology Advanced Practice Providers in a collaborative team.
- Assesses patient and performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist physician in diagnosing medical and surgical problems and prescribes necessary treatment and services for quality patient care.
- Takes patient histories, conducts physical examinations, writes progress notes, prepares patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings, obtains psychosocial history relevant to patient care, and assumes responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Orders and schedules laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures. Explains necessity, preparation, nature, and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedure(s) to the patient, patients family, and staff.
- Monitors progress of patients, reports progress to supervising physician, and maintains record of each patients progress, consulting with supervising physician when patients progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
Piedmont Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- CME allowance
- Quality, Service and Reputation
Masters or Bachelors Degree from an Accredited PA program and National Board Certification
Licensed as a Nurse and approved to practice as a NP by State of Georgia with National Certification.