Fellowship General Cardiology - Piedmont Heart Institute
Piedmont Heart Institute (PHI), located in the heart of Atlanta, is recruiting for a General Cardiology APP Fellow. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of one of the nations leading cardiology programs, working alongside highly-respected physicians who value multidisciplinary teamwork and are proven leaders in their respective fields.
PHIs General Cardiology extenders provide 24-hour, on-site coverage to some of the highest acuity patients in the nation, treating and managing patients with coronary artery disease, advanced heart failure, structural heart disease, high risk percutaneous coronary interventions, arrhythmia, cardiogenic shock, percutaneous valve interventions, and cardiothoracic surgery including transplant and ventricular-assist device implantation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides direct clinical services for adult patients within institutional guidelines and utilizing evidence-based clinical practice standards under the supervision of the patients physician.
- Formulates and implements a treatment plan for acute and chronic illness management in collaboration with the designated primary supervising physician and/or attending back-up physician(s)
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests
- Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation and administration of life supporting drugs according to established protocols.
- Assesses patients for changes in status and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency interventions to stabilize patient.
- Incorporates clinical research findings in the development and implementation of standards of care.
- Supports IRB approved clinical research/trials though a variety of activities.
- Serves as a clinical expert and education consultant to nursing, members of the healthcare team and to the larger community.
This opportunity includes:
Competitive compensation and benefits package
Well-designed and individualized training program
Generous CME allowance
About Piedmont Heart Institute (PHI)
PHI is the first integrated cardiovascular healthcare delivery program affiliated with a community health system in greater Atlanta, and is headquartered on the campus of Piedmont Atlanta Hospital, a 643-bed quaternary care facility offering all major medical, surgical and diagnostic services. Piedmont Heart serves the community at Piedmont Healthcares 19 hospitals as well as multiple outpatient locations throughout Georgia, combining over 100 affiliated cardiovascular specialists to propel new programs and excellence in cardiovascular research and education, disease prevention, arrhythmias, coronary and vascular intervention, stroke, cardiac imaging, and cardiothoracic surgery.Qualifications:
Masters, Bachelors Degree from an Accredited PA/NP program and National Board Certification
--or-- d approved to practice as a NP by State of Georgia with