Lab Tech Assistant, FT
Shift: Monday-Friday 3pm-11:30pm
Entity: Piedmont Cartersville
Performs sample processing and exempt screening and monitoring tests in accordance with CMS (CLIA 88), OSHA and other applicable regulatory, established standards as may be applicable. Performs venipunctures, and obtains/prepares blood specimens in accordance with Piedmont policies and
procedures. Assists with both clinical and non-clinical tasks while working under the direct supervision of a licensed medical technologist/ technician to ensure that accurate, reliable results are generated by the laboratory.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School graduate or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- One (1) year of experience as a phlebotomist, laboratory processor or laboratory assistant.
- Current enrollment in a Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician program may be substituted for experience.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Basic knowledge of venipuncture/phlebotomy is preferred.
- Experience in performing EKGs is preferred.
- Experience working in healthcare or clinical laboratory setting is preferred.
- Working knowledge of clinical laboratory processes is preferred.