RN- Med Surg Ortho *Sign On Bonus Offered*
The staff nurse provides nursing care to patients from birth through the lifecycle utilizing nursing processes to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the care for patients. He/she functions within the framework of the policies and procedures of the organization and demonstrates professional growth and accountability. The staff nurse is responsible for maintaining standards of practice, coordinating patient care activities of all assigned staff in the provision of quality nursing care.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of a nursing program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
New Graduates of a nursing program eligible
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse or NLC/eNLC Multistate License.
BLS certification required.
For PRN positions: One year of nursing experience in a hospital setting is required
Bachelors degree preferred
Advanced certification in field of specialty, if applicable (see addendum)
Nursing Experience in Hospital Setting Preferred
1. Performs patient assessments to include collection of data regarding the patients physical, psychosocial and health history.
2. Appropriately evaluates the developmental age of the patient when performing assessments, treatments and patient/family education.
3. Organizes patient data into the formulation of a plan of care; identifies additional information needed and makes care decisions based on identified needs. Identifies expected patient outcomes.
4. Carries out plan of care to achieve desired patient outcomes.
5. Provides patient care that is specific to the setting, identified needs and plan; ensures that the care provided is appropriate to the severity of the disease, condition, impairment or disability.
6. Oversees activities of ancillary and support team members.
7. Identifies teaching opportunities and provides the resources necessary for achieving the educational goals of the patients.
8. Communications issues/concerns to the Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager and/or physician as appropriate.
9. Documents patient care and concerns in the patient record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Effective Communication Skills
Ability to handle stressful environments
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
For additional competency requirements specific to each nursing unit, refer to the Initial Competency Assessment, Unit Specific Initial Competencies and Annual Passport.